Derby’s seventh annual 24 hour film competition is happening on Saturday 30th April so you’ve not got long left to round up your teams and prepare!
To register for the competition, take yourself over to the entry form.
COMPETITION RULES 2016:
- All footage to be shot and edited between 10am on Saturday 30th April and 10am on Sunday 1st May (UK Time).
- There will be a line of dialogue & an action designated to all teams on the morning of shooting via email. This needs to be seen/heard at least once in the submitted film in separate scenes to ensure all scenes were filmed during the allotted times.
- Film entries can be anything up to, but no longer than, 3 minutes in duration. This includes titles, credits and blank video (all optional).
- A title card will be provided by the organisers which needs to be placed at the beginning of your film and last for 5 seconds (this will not be included in your 3 minute running time)
- All registered teams will receive their GO! Email at 10am on the morning of Saturday 30th April containing their line, action and title card. Please make sure we have all the correct details for your team beforehand.
- Completed films can be sent to us via WeTransfer or uploaded to Vimeo (Please do not use YouTube) with the download link available to us. Links can be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. These emails must be in our Inbox and fully downloadable by 10am. Please allow for upload time as submissions after 10am will be ineligible to win.
- Alternatively, films can be handed in at Quad reception (Sam & Carl will be in attendance) no later than 10am on USB or data DVD in file form only (Please note that these files will be used for the final screening so high quality files are recommended. We will not swap the file after the competition is over. Again, we can’t stress enough leave time for exporting & uploading)
- There is no theme for entries to follow. However if you’re stuck for ideas, the theme of Derby Film Festival 2016 is “Journey” if you want to work to that theme. This is purely optional.
- The screening of the selected entries will be on Sunday 10th May 2016 at QUAD Derby at the closing event of Derby Film Festival 2016.
- The winners will be selected by Five Lamps Films organisers Sam Jordan & Carl Bryan.
- The use of copyrighted music is allowed but strongly discouraged as this may cause issues with the screening of your film before features at QUAD if your film wins one of the prizes. By entering the competition you agree to indemnify us (Five Lamps Films) against any claims of copyright infringement.
- By entering you agree to give us non-exclusive, worldwide rights to the film, meaning we can screen it and use it for promotional purposes if we need to. However, approval from the director will be sought beforehand in each instance.
Sam & Carl of Five Lamps Films wish you all the best of luck. Get ready to test those professional relationships!